Dementia Support South Lincs Autumn 2017 Newsletter is now available to read online or download from our website.
Our Autumn 2017 Newsletter is now available to read online or download via this link.
Dates for your diary:
- Coffee Mornings: Wednesday 15 November in Bourne, Monday 20 November in Deeping and Friday 8 December in Stamford.
- 2nd /3rd December – DSSL tree ornaments on display for this year’s Bourne Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival. Another great way of letting the community know about our charity.
- Thursday 7 December: Singing Together at The Danish Invader, Stamford.
- Sunday 10 December: Stamford Rotary Santa Fun Run. This year we will be “running/ strolling” in honour of our late friend Trish Lord and our team will be renamed “Trish’s Troops”
- Wednesday 13 December: Christmas lunch at The Toft House Hotel near Stamford
- Our last Tai Chi session this year will be on Wednesday 13 December and we will start up again after Christmas on Wednesday 3 January.
We would like to thank Diocese of Lincoln for mentioning Square Hole Club’s Ploughman’s Lunch at church of St James the Great in Aslackby.
Read More on their website: Church in Aslackby extends warm welcome – Dementia-friendly church hosts ploughman’s lunch
You can follow also follow them on twitter @CofELincoln
Our latest newsletter is now available. Click here to read / download
- Dates for upcoming Stamford, Bourne and Deepings meetings
- Harvest Lunch
- Dates for your diary
So, here we go – DEMENTIA AWARENESS WEEK – two support groups, two singing sessions, one art exhibition, one Dementia Friend session, Mind Body and Soul Event, manned information stands at Deepings, Stamford and Bourne libraries and GP surgeries, and attendance at Evergreen Care Trust’s Lighthouse event on Thursday evening – a busy week ahead I think!
…and there will be cake at lots of the Dementia Awareness Week events!
Contact Us us if you’d like information about any if the above or ring the office on 01778 426756.
Our February Newsletter is now available to read online or download here
Thanks to everyone who came to the Dementia Support Aslackby Art exhibition and shared in the harvest festival activities and worship, not to mention the scrumptious lunch, the auction of produce and afternoon tea.
The art show was a huge success on so many levels. Here are some of the comments from visitors:
“Very impressive exhibition and so wonderful to see such a diverse collection of art forms”
“What a warm welcome and a brilliant idea”
“Beautiful paintings and quilts, wish I was half as clever”.
We are very proud to have been part of such an inspirational event.
A little reminder that Art for All starts up again at Wake House in Bourne, today.
We’ll be going all out to get the 2017 calendar ready for the DSSL exhibition in Aslackby on the 1st and 2nd October – don’t miss it
Our September / October 2016 Newsletter by Memory Health Worker Kate Marshall is now available to download / read online.
Newsletter includes lots of information about our activities including:
- Art for All group sessions
- Harvest Lunch on 21st September
- Now and Then Art Exhibition
We are thrilled to be able to tell you that Dementia Support South Lincs has been shortlisted by the staff in their Bourne store for their “Local Charity of the Year”.
We are thrilled to be able to tell you that Dementia Support South Lincs has been shortlisted by the staff in their Bourne store (together with two other very worthy charities) for their “Local Charity of the Year”.
Voting is now open and you can vote in the store or online.
On-line: To vote for us please follow the link, select Bourne, Lincolnshire and vote for us: https://www.sainsburyslocalcharity.co.uk
In Store: please keep an eye out for this stand when you next do your shopping in Sainsbury’s Bourne – it’s near customer service (and the loos). Please remember to vote for us every time you shop.
Dementia Awareness Week off to a flying start with Certificates of Appreciation being presented to David Spencer of the ROAB – The Buffs – and the Hi Jack Quilting group for the money they raised for our charity over the last year.
Thanks to everyone who came along to the Deeping coffee morning today – we couldn’t do what we do without you!